3.05.2008

Trip to Grandpa Tibbitts



Sunday, February 24 my grandfather (my moms dad) passed away. It was very hard. Mom left on Sunday morning to go see him and missed seeing him alive by a couple of hours. Grandpa was surrounded by his children , my grandma and some of his grandchildren. Mom spend the entire week with her sisters and brother. Then the rest of us came up on Friday. So I was mom from Monday to Thursday. I was doing dishes, laundry, lunches, taking and picking up from school (tardy), cleaning, packing for the whole family to leave, plus studying for 2 test. I was glad to see mom when we got to grandma's house. We left on Thursday and spent the night at mom friends house, and left on Friday and got to grandma house. The viewing was on Friday. The funeral was on Saturday. At the funeral were some pictures, etc on display of my grandparents and family, and they displayed the picture of the office that was on the farm that I drew. It felt really cool to have a picture I did. It meant so much to him and it was part of his life. All the grandkids were there except Tom who is on a mission. It was great to see everyone. Some people I hadn't seen in a long time. At the funeral I found out that grandpa loved history as much as I do. After the funeral we went to the grave site. It was an exremely cold and windy day. Then after that the church had a lunch for the family and friends. They had great food. Sunday we were going to go to church with our cousins, but the power went out about 5 am. and didn't come on until 1pm. We were waiting for the power to come on so we could get showers, curl our hair, etc. They delayed church for an hour and we figured they cancelled it. So we didn't go. Our cousins that were staying in Rexburg went to church and said that not many people were there. Sunday we had dinner with family and later played a card game with them. On Monday we left. Grandma had her sister staying with her for a couple of weeks. They had so much snow that it was up to the windows, plus it was really cold. We had forgotten what the snow was like. We hadn't seen it for awhile.

No comments: