7.29.2008

Tubing






I have never been tubing down the Snake River before - until this summer. My aunt Linda kept telling us to do it, but I was always a little skeptical. The Snake River is a little intimidating. It is my new favorite thing to do at my grandmas house now. The first time I went was with my cousin (Jodie) husband and their son Thomas. I thought the river was going to flow really fast, but it was pretty slow. It was at just the right level - not too high and not too low - about knee level. Then a few days later, I took my friend Katie from Rexburg and Evan and we went tubing again. The first time was really fun until we tried to get out. We were too far from the shore. It took us forever to get out. We almost didn't make it. But we had so much fun we went again. The second time we went Katie slipped backwards off her tube and her face went completely under water. Luckily she wasn't hurt, but it sure was hilarious.


Then my aunt Linda was determined to get Hailey and Andrew on tubes. We all went and had a blast again. By the time we left we had been down the river about 8 times. My new favorite past time at grandmas in the summer.

No comments: