If you would have known me when I was younger I was/or am extremely shy. Now when I meet someone new I am still shy, but once you get to know me I let down my guard and can be somewhat funny.
This last year or so I have been really brave and have learned to come out of my shell a little more. I have tried out for a solo in choir. In high school I was always so scaried to sing in public by myself. I have always wanted to, but have not been brave enough. So finally this past month I tried out for a solo in my choir. I didn't care about the outcome and did it just for the fun of it. By the way I didn't get it, but the choir director said she liked my voice, and to be ready to sing a solo in practice. So I am ready (I guess).
I also tried out for a singing mission in Nauvoo. It would be like a mission and you would be living like missionaries do. But instead of proselyting, you would be part of the cast of the Nauvoo Pagent. It sounded so much fun and it only lasted 3 months, so not as long as a regular mission. They only picked 20 people and I was not chosen as one of the 20. But it was fun doing the audition tape which included singing a hymn, an upbeat song and reading a scripture.
This last year or so I have been really brave and have learned to come out of my shell a little more. I have tried out for a solo in choir. In high school I was always so scaried to sing in public by myself. I have always wanted to, but have not been brave enough. So finally this past month I tried out for a solo in my choir. I didn't care about the outcome and did it just for the fun of it. By the way I didn't get it, but the choir director said she liked my voice, and to be ready to sing a solo in practice. So I am ready (I guess).
I also tried out for a singing mission in Nauvoo. It would be like a mission and you would be living like missionaries do. But instead of proselyting, you would be part of the cast of the Nauvoo Pagent. It sounded so much fun and it only lasted 3 months, so not as long as a regular mission. They only picked 20 people and I was not chosen as one of the 20. But it was fun doing the audition tape which included singing a hymn, an upbeat song and reading a scripture.
I have been wanting to go to BYU-I for a long time but have never had the courage to just do it. That is why I have been going to the local community college. I am scared of the big school and just was never ready. I even applied when I graduated in 2007 and got accepted, but just never went. So I decided to apply again. I also applied to the Interior Design Program. You have to apply to get in. But I have heard it is a good program. I think I am ready for the big time school. If I don't get in I don't know what I will do. I will have to find a different avenue. I do enjoy photography, working on crafts, card making, (I would love to work with Martha Stewart) and american history (I would like to be like the lady on National Treasure that Nicholas Cage went to warrn about the Declaration -don't know what her job title is/this a really good movie by the way). I know I have big dreams.
So maybe I am becoming a big girl now and ready to go out into the big, wide world and ready to climb out of my shell. But then again, maybe I'm not........stay tuned to what happens.
So maybe I am becoming a big girl now and ready to go out into the big, wide world and ready to climb out of my shell. But then again, maybe I'm not........stay tuned to what happens.
4 comments:
Emily I enjoyed this post. I wish you could have gotten into the Nauvoo cast. That would have been a really great opportunity. Keep applying... I really hope you get into BYU-I again. It will really help you be on your own and experience some really great things. Im so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone to make something great of yourself! You are such a sweet girl!
Good luck in whatever you decide to do! Have fun and enjoy life!
Way to do things that are out of your comfort zone! I think you would really like BYU- you are brilliant at what ever you do, so go for it!
And you have a beautiful voice so sing out and never stop!
Sounds like you're doing some great things...I wish you the best in all your adventures ahead, Emily. It's scary to be brave. But pushing yourself will make you a better person, someday a better mom, etc. And then some day you'll look back and miss this time in your life:)
Post a Comment