5.14.2009

Crown Center-Wizard of Oz

Ok I am back. No I didn't die, I have been really busy with school. Between end of semester projects, finals, just plain life and other stuff I haven't had time to do anything else. Now I can update from the middle of April to the present.
Right before Easter we went to Crown Center in Kansas City. This is where Hallmark is at (hence the name Crown Center) and they have a neat mall there as well. The main reason was to see the Wizard of Oz Exhibit. Me, mom, Hailey and Andrew all went. Dad had to work and Evan was in Pahrump, Nevada for spring break.


We ate at the Crayola Cafe. Then we were off to the Land of Oz. It defineitly wasn't what I expected it to be. There were a lot of kids going in all different directions. It was fun. It was like a mini adventure going down slides, and of course the famous yellow brick road.




Dorothy was on the scary side. So was Glinda the Good Witch.



Cowardly Lion


ScarecrowTin Man



I don't know if you can tell, but this is the Wicked Witch in the Tornado.



Here is Andrew on the Wicked Witch Broom



Hailey in the Hot Air Balloon



Here are the Ruby Slippers at the end of the journey



Hailey being a Munchkin



Ruby Slippers. At the end they had a bunch of memorabilia on Wizard of Oz.

No comments: