We decided to go to the Independence firework show. It was really great, it lasted about 30 minutes. It was right next to our church.
This year we were in a new area since last year and moving. And this city knows how to celebrate the 4th. They just lifted a ban that they have had on fireworks. So everyone was going wild. Everytime you turned your head you were always seeing fireworks and hearing fireworks. My head and eyes got tired of all the fireworks going off. They weren't just the little ones they were the big aerial fireworks. And it wasn't just on the 4th, it was also a few days before and a few days afterwards. This was the first that I remember having a city like this that really got into the spirit of the day. Most of the time it is only a couple of people and just little fireworks.
After the city fireworks we came home and shot off what we bought. All in all it was a great day.



I made a cake. It was semi homemade. I used a box cake mis and made the frosting. I had never used that frosting recipe before and it was really good with the strawberries. The confectioners sugar didn't stay on too well for the strips but you get the idea. It tasted great. We couldn't figure out what to use for the blue, since none of us like blueberries, so we used blue M&M's.





3 comments:
love the cake! I don't like blueberries, either, so the M&M's are a great substitute!
Thanks!!
Hey, how are you doing? I haven't seen or heard from you forever! Glad to see all is doing well! check out my blog, too, sometime! martinandtaryn.blogspot.com
ps-the cake is super cute and i LOVE the M&M idea!
Post a Comment