Back in June (I know I'm late by a week or so). Valerie my cousin (a member of the Tabernacle Choir) was able to get us tickets to go to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir at the Sprint Center. This was part of the midwest tour and Kansas City was one of the cities they visited.
***Side Note- On the way to look for dinner before the concert we found Chuck Wicks tour bus. I wonder if Julianne Hough was in the bus too. Evan was hoping to run into her.
We couldn't get a very good picture because he was moving all the time. But this guy performed a solo and another one with the choir. He was amazing.
Some of my favorite songs that they sang were Betelehemu. I sang this in high school and did the exact same claps and movements. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing, You'll Never Walk Alone, Come, Come Ye Saints, and of course Battle Hymn of the Republic. They had a organ solo and he played Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. It was so cool to watch the organist move his feet so fast.
This was at the end of the concert.
We got to see Val right before she got on the bus to go to the hotel and say good-bye.

Thanks Val for getting us the tickets. It was so great to spend the day with her and to show the mini tour of Independence. The concert was awesome. I had never seen the Mormon Tabernacle Choir live in concert before and I am glad that I was able to see it with Val in it. The choir now has a special place in my heart. I would love to be in the Tabernacle Choir someday.
THANKS!!!!!:))



3 comments:
Great post! Val told us about her visit with you guys. Sounds like it was a fun time.
I'm glad you all got to attend the concert in Kansas City. Valerie was thrilled to see you all and to visit your home.
Nice job on your post.
Camille
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment