~Sorry this is a long post~
I couldn't travel with my family because I had a choir concert that I didn't want to miss. So my family left on Friday and I flew out on Sunday morning {early}, I saw the sun come up. This was me first plane ride by myself. That doesn't sound scary but if you don't know me then you don't know that I am afraid of heights and I was going by myself. I love watching movies of plane crashes, but this didn't ease my fears.
I was first scared that I wouldn't make it through security. I thought they would throw something away or my bag would be too big or something else. Luckly it wasn't too busy and nobody else was behind me when I went though security. The lady there was very nice and helped me out by telling me what I needed to do or take off. So I didn't need to be rushed. I made it through security fine. I had time to kill so I read a book for my class that I was missing.
It was great when loading on the plane I had priority access on my boarding pass and that allowed me to load the plane after first class. I didn't have anybody behind me so I could find my seat easier without being rushed or standing in anybody's way.
I had a lay over in Dallas. The first stretch was short and the 2 ladies next to me slept, and I was on the aisle way. I was worried about catching my next plane and figuring out where to go.
While I was on the first plane they told us what ternimal our next plane would be in, My next plane was in Ternimal A , but I landed in Termial C. So as soon as I got off I asked someone where to go and they pointed in a direction. I started to walk that way and almost walked outside to the baggage claim and decided to ask someone else and she pointed me in another way. I ended up asking like 3 or 4 people and some people were not that nice. After I figured out where I needed to go, I had to get on a tram and I almost fell over in the tram. After all that I made it with like 10-15 minutes to spare.
So the next plane was much longer of a flight. I sat next to a bigger man and I was in the middle and luckily nobody was on the other side of me. I was a little hot when I first got on the plane so I turned on the air. Well later I tried to turn it off and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off or move it. By the end I was leaning trying to get away from the cold air blowing on me and I was completely cold. It was forming condensation on the ceiling. The man next to me had his jacket in the overhead compartment and it was ice cold. Luckly I was going into warm weather, I warmed up quickly.
I did survive my first solo plane trip. I didn't like the turbulance, the take off and landing parts - but otherwise not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment