We are here in Utah finally. Well we have been here about a month and a half, but I have been knee high in boxes, packing paper and bubble wrap and haven't had a minute to breath in the last few weeks. We were blessed to have someone moving to the area from West Jordan Utah (ya I know ironic) to do a lease purchase on our house.They moved in on October 1. So we left Missouri the end of September. We were suppose to do the drive in 2 days, but it took 3 days. We were stacked to the brim in our van plus we were pulling a UHaul trailer. I don't think we could have put a paper clip in the cracks. But believe it or not we got it all in, except for the swimming pool.
Bob was able to find a 4 bedroom 4 bath house for us to rent until next summer. Hopefully the job will work out, the house will sell and the housing market will stabalize and, and, and. So many variables but hopefully we can find something more permanent soon. So we were able to move right in as soon as we got here. It is a really nice home that is only 5 years old. It is in the much desired neighborhood of Daybreak in South Jordan. Even though the house is really nice it lacks in storage space. We were spoiled in Missouri with 2 big storage rooms, and one storage closet. So I have spent the last weeks trying to find a place to put everything and trying to decide what is important to unpack and what we can leave in boxes until we are settled more permanent.
The kids have been in school the last few weeks. They enjoyed 2 full weeks of vacation. Hailey is at a high school that is brand new. This is only its second year of being open. It is only a few minutes away and she seems to like it. Andrew's school is just down the street. On nice days he can walk there. The only drawback is it is a year round school. Not sure if I like that or not. He will be in school 6 weeks and then have 3 weeks off. So he will be off the whole month of December. I'm just glad we only have to do this one year. Not sure if I could ever get used to this. This is where we will call home for the next few months.
Sometimes I miss my Missouri home and miss what we had there but then it has been really nice to be close to family and friends. I had lunch with my cousins a few weeks ago. My sisters came to visit and my mom and Emily came to visit a few weeks ago. We are so fortunate to be able to enjoy our family again. So I have to realize what is more important. We are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving in Idaho with family as well. I can't remember the last time I was with family for Thanksgiving. More pictures coming soon of what we have been up to since being in Utah.
1 comment:
Wonderful news- so glad you get to be near family! My best friend from high school just bought a house up there- so if you meet a Cathy Singer- give her a squeeze for me! And Joe's family is just down the street! Good luck with everything! And Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment