6.04.2009

Christopher Layton

Christopher Layton
He looks just like Grandpa Tibbitts

When we went to the tabernacle (the one where Brigham Young was ordained a prophet) in Omaha we found out that we had a relative in the Mormon Battalion. Christopher Layton would be my great (not sure how many greats) grandpa on my moms side. We are descendents from his first wife from my Grandpa Tibbitts. Yes he was polygomist. He had at least 12 wives and 60 something kids WOW. He supposedly had the second most wives next to Brigham Young.I was so glad that we got to go there with my grandma and find out that I had a relative in the Mormon Battalion. Before this trip I did not even know. While there we watched a video and I learned so much about the Battlion. I found out that they didn't even fight. And that they stayed in California for a while before moving back home.
This is the map of the travels the Mormon Battalion took.





This is what they would have worn.

This is not a picture, Evan put several displays together

2 comments:

jbc said...

Hi Emily. I'm pretty sure that Christopher Layton is a great-great-great-great grandfather to us. Looks like you guys saw a lot of neat stuff.

Emily Lurker said...

Grandma had told me but I couldn't remember. Thanks