6.04.2009

Tabernacle

After Winter Quarters we went to the Tabernacle. We have never been there and didn't know it was even there.
This is the prophet Brigham Young and his 2 counselors Heber C. Kimball, Willard Richard. This is a statue of a pioneer family

This is inside the Tabernacle. This was not the original spot because the first building was built on a spring so it got flooded. We think it was used for about 3 years-don't quote me. The building here has a hydraulic press under the building to withstand the seperation with the beam to the roof. The town rebuilt the building for the Susquecentennial and the church now owns the building. They have used the building for church firesides. It was a while back when we went so I can't remember everything. There was a lot to absorb. I should have taken notes. It was a real history lesson and I learned alot.


This was a replica of the fireplace.
This was the organ they might have used

This is a picture of the 12 apostles at the time. There are 10 out of 12 apostles there. I think that 2 of them were traveling.

The name of the 12 apostles were Thomas B. Marsh, David W. Patten, Brigham Young, Heber C. Kimball, Orson Hyde, William E. McLellin, Parley P. Pratt, Luke S. Johnson, William B. Smith, Orson Pratt, John F. Boynton, Lyman E. Johnson


This is a picture of mushrooms that were growing on the wood.

Here is the family

And again (it was freezing).

No comments: