Here is a banana chair that we have had for 10 years or more. Well it has seen better days. It didn't have much padding and when you sat on it, you were basically sitting on wood. So I decided to recover it. My mom was really worried and didn't think I could to it. I DID IT. Don't tell me I can't do something. It turned out really good.
Here is the old chair and as you can tell the one side is pretty much gone.
Since the old chair didn't have much padding we decided to stuff it to the brim with padding to prevent us from sitting on wood and in hopes of making it last longer. So we had an old trampoline mat that was ripped and we decided to put it to good use by reinforcing the padding. We used some of the old foam and old fabric from the chair.
The side of the chair
We reinforced the sides (because the fabric was not as thick and to prevent it from rips) with more trampoline mat to protect the edges
We used an old chair cushion in the head part so nothing would go through and to be on the safe side to make sure that we had more and not too little padding.
The After. You can't tell, but it is a light demin color and turned out pretty good if I do say so myself considering it was my first try at reupolstering a piece of furniture.
I modified the design just a little bit especially in the front. They sewed the front panel to the foam and we didn't have that big of a sewing machine. The chair was definitely bigger than before because we had added so much padding.
Evan helped in this project. He did the staple stuff and I did all the stuff with fabric and sewing. We made a perfect pair. I actually completed this in only 2 days. I took it apart one day and put it all together the next.
Now that the chair has been done for awhile some of the staples keep coming out because it has to go through all the padidng to get to the wood. Then one of the seams on the front panel is coming undone which I don't know why because we left plenty of extra fabric to give it some give.
No comments:
Post a Comment