8.30.2010

{BYU-I}

I got accepted into BYU-I, if anyone of you didn't know and I am leaving here soon.  It is a little nervous  and a little worried about some things.
I was accepted into the interior design program.  It is a hard program to get into because they only accept 50 applicants in each year.  Because the program is so intensive it will take all 4 years.  I have already been to school 2 years and I have my Associates of Arts.  So by the time I am done I will have gone to school for 6 years and I hate going to school.  But the good thing about having an Associates is my dad called the school and he was able to cut 20 credits worth of foundation class (general studies). Totally awesome.  They told my dad that other people that are in the same situation minor in something.  So I need to decide what to minor in.  They said that most people minor in business.  I have thought about photography, something art related, business.  I was talking to a friend that works at a college and she said to minor in something fun because I'll want some fun next to all the hard intense classes that I am taking.  I am kind of leaning toward photography.  The positive side of this is I concentrate on my major classes and don't have to mess with all the extra classes like english and math and other classes that I am not interested in.  Those are all out of the way.  The only extra classes I have to take are religion classes.

With all the art classes that I took in college byu-i is only allowed to accept 1 credit or class worth.  So I am still waiting to hear if they will accept any of my classes and I won't hear back until after school has started.
I will be living at my grandma house which is really nice because it will cut down on the the cost.

So that is why I am trying to hurry and get this post in.  What my family has decided is they will continue on the blog.  Hailey will do the pictures and mom will write.
And as for a blog for me well I will probably start one but it will be awhile before I get it up and running. I will let you all know.
So here is my next chapter of my life and closing this chapter of my childhood.

No comments: