Before school started we decided to take a little trip to the city (it was also Andrew's birthday). We searched up activities to do in kc and we came upon the money musuem. Just before we got there we relized that it was right by crown center and we have been there a bunch of times and didn't even realize that it was there.
When we got there we had to go through security and have our id's checked. Luckily we passed.
At the musuem they had an exhibit on loan from the Truman Library. It was a Presidential Coin Collection. This was a pretty amazing collection. So many coins I had no idea about.
This was the whole collection.
At the musuem they had some hands on things to do. Like this weight of a gold bar.
This was Truman's lamp that he used when he worked at the federal bank.
Don't you love they money that we made.
Love the foot pop out.
This was actually money inside this glass box. It was interesting to see what 40 million dollars looks like.
This was interesting to see how long money is in circulation, I had no idea.
This is some of the interesting presidential coins, and some that I had never even heard of.
So look at this thing on the wall--What do you think it is????
Any guesses???
Any ideas?
It is a piece of art work which from a distance you can't even tell what it is. But as you get closer you understand what it is.
To us from a distance it looked like a bear had clawed the wall.
When you leave you get a bag of money. Shredded money 126 dollars worth to be exact. This is all the circulated money that they have to shred everyday.
Here is us with our money outside the musuem.
I look funny, I look like I am crying, but I am not.
This was a nice museum. It was a self guided tour, so you didn't learn as much. It was only one floor so there wasn't that much, so glad that it was free.
No comments:
Post a Comment